WHITE’S JUICY BREAST DOWN BAKED TURKEY
PREP: 20 minutes COOK TIME: 4 hours
1 whole turkey, approximately 14-16lbs
1 small onion
2 cups melted butter
1 cup chopped celery
4 cloves of garlic
1 herb bouquet
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt and Pepper
2 carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1. Bring turkey to room temperature.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Remove the neck and giblets from the inside of the turkey and set aside for stock. Then wash the turkey thoroughly and dry with paper towels.
4. Coat the inside of the turkey with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Then stuff the turkey with the onion, carrot, garlic, herb bouquet, and celery. Secure the stuffing on the inside of turkey by tying together the turkey legs with turkey string.
5. Coat the turkey with melted butter and salt and set BREAST DOWN on a poultry rack inside of a durable roasting pan. By baking your turkey breast down all of the juices of the turkey will fall to the breat resulting in a extremely juicy and tender turkey.
6. The turkey will need to cook for approximately 15 minutes per pound. Start the cooking at 400 degrees for the first 30 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degress for the next 2 hours. Then reduce the heat further to 225 degrees for the next hour to hour and a half.
7. If you desire you can flip your turkey over for the last few minutes to brown the breast.
8. Check to make sure your turkey is 175 degrees for the dark meat and 165 degrees for the white meat before removing it from the oven.
9. Allow your turkey to rest for 30 minutes before carving.